18 June 2007

I have another three weeks in this cast. The time in isolation has not been altogether too miserable. I have been doing what I sometimes wish I could do: proceed without the interruptions of everyday life. I have been discovering new websites, new technologies and new musics. I have been wondering whether I actually prefer the modes of investigation and expression that I endorse over all else. And I doubt that I do. But ex nihilo nihil fit. I have not arrived here without arriving from somewhere.

Above all, I am preparing myself for Pittsburgh. What sort of philosopher will I become? Will I really, as I say I will, focus on the semantics of context sensitive expressions? And will I continue to listen to Ladytron? And is my decision to attend a shallow and disguised attempt to relive my unrepeatable month of bliss there last summer?